Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2015

The start of budgeting

I have to admit, I am not someone who will do budgeting to keep track of where my money goes or end up to most of the time. Budgeting only happens when I'm overseas. Since ATM or using credit cards isn't a feasible option overseas, budgeting is a must for me. I still remembered my Japan Winter 2008 Trip, I was named the Budget Queen coz I basically budgeted everything. But I'm good with short term budgeting but never for long. I still remembered how I used to have a budget book recording my debit and credit daily. But that didnt last for more than 3 months. *sweats * So my resolution for 2015 is to really make a note to record down my budget.

Or rather, our budget, since D and I got married, expenses increased since we don't have meals with our parents most of the time. And cooking takes up time, being lazy bum after work and housework, I don't have the energy to cook. Plus the amount spent to cook for two isn't cheap either. *opps* So we end up having outside food most of the days.

In order to know where most of our money go to, we decided to get a budget book where we can record down daily. The budget book is from Kikki K, I just love their stuffs. Too pretty to resist.  I have to admit, it is not easy at the start, especially D doesn't remember most of the price. (So typical of him) But recently it is easier when I force him to tell me right after he pay so I can record down. This budget book is with me nearly everyday when I head out.

Why not an app, you might ask. Wells, my phone is on MIUI developer ROM, where chances are apps can be deleted due to their coding. And the last update just deleted a few apps of mine *cries* And simply, D doesn't likes to use those apps. Asking him to use instagram to upload a few photos is a hassle for him. *hahah* Having a budget book is a good way to look through and make some notes at the side bar each week.

Hopefully this is will go a long way and help us save up even more. Plans to save up for our trip this year. ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me a comment here and I'll be happy
゜+。:..:。+゜ (o´∀`o)──力ゎレlレl──(o´∀`o) ゜+。:..:。+゜