Pages

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

PLAY THE FUTURE with GeForce GTX


Had a chance to attend NVIDIA's private gaming party event, Play The Future with GeForce GTX on the 11 Dec at Crowne Plaza Changi Airport. It was held at level 1, Chengal 2.

Hi food! 
Reached there just in time, as the event was supposed to start at 6pm with dinner allocated till 7pm. We were given a private pass and a t-shirt for this event. Had dinner first while waiting for them to allocate rooms for us to try out the VR. There were only 3 station, and two of it was in each room, designed to give us the space to experience VR to the fullest.

The room where the one of the station was held. 
I got my chance to try out two different station since out of the three, two station had the same games to try out. The first station that I tried out had three games on VR for us to test, however, no photos of the games itself allowed as the games just looked normal on computer screen anyways.

The first game was The Blue, the setting of the game is underwater, on a shipwreck. The objective was for us to touch the fish and also the big whale. I was terrified, for I have never stood so close looking at the eyes of a whale, and secondly, it was all so real that was trying not to stare at the whale too long. Of course, my main fear was the tail of that big whale, it was racing in my mind "OMG OMG OMG, will the tail hit me in the face?". Probably those who were in the room were laughing at my silly actions. Trust me, I looked silly as it was just 2D on computer screen but it was all sooooooo real with VR.

The second game is Cool draw, or something, can't remember as it was not that scary. Actually that game is pretty cool as you can change the canvas to something that you like, it can be starry night, or space. You can be as creative as you want, walking into your drawings , enjoying what you can create. Basically it is a safe environment of your own world~~

The last game for the first station is to fix the robots, basically you are the so-call "mechanics". This game allowed you to test the remote to pull, turn and push. Pretty interesting as you can feel the remote's vibration in every movement. Wells, it was still scary for me, for I was afraid that the bits and pieces of the parts will fall onto me. And from what I know, no one managed to find the faulty part of that machine that we were supposed to work on. 30 seconds was given for each player to find the faulty part, dang! I failed and suddenly the floor decided to open and dumped out the poor robot. That was my ultimate fear! To fall off the room and i tried to moved myself as far from that portal as possible *sweats*. Poor staff had to pacify me that it was okay, I'm still on ground floor, I'm not going to fall off. But it was so real that I cannot contain my own fear T_T.

After experiencing the VR in the first station, I was as shaken as a little lamb. This is how future gaming would be like, experiencing each game at its fullest, real-life experience. If CS were to be set in VR, I would wonder if each player gets to feel the pain of each bullet if they get shoot in the game :p. hahaha But I would love to experience games like the second game, Cool Draw (or something), where I can glaze into the lovely skyline while enjoying my own creation.
Taking shoot of the station while someone else was trying out. 
The second station was just a sit down setting with a few games for us to choose, and a time-frame of 5 minutes each player. I got the chance to try out two games and it was fun to be able to look into the game 360 degrees with the Oculus glasses. Tried out a sword battle and a machine battle game, wells I suck in the machine battle because I'm not used to game controllers. The overall experience was fun but not as fun as the first station.

One of their staff, Sharone trying out the games after everyone was done. :p 
The overall experience with Nvidia was truly amazing and wells, in the near future with VR introduced to the market, I can turn one of my rooms into a gaming room. Soon Soon, as a part of my wishlist.
Must post with the banner. *hehe*
Credits: ourberries.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do leave me a comment here and I'll be happy
゜+。:..:。+゜ (o´∀`o)──力ゎレlレl──(o´∀`o) ゜+。:..:。+゜